Welcome to our blog!

We are about to begin our 2009 mission to Iringa, Tanzania and invite you to keep up with our progress through this site.

Tom & Beth at lake with grandchildren

Tom & Beth at lake with grandchildren

Monday, July 9, 2007

Tom and I were very intentional about bringing only as many clothes as we really needed as we always tend to over pack when traveling. However, the unexpected happens and you need to be creative. Our first week in Dar Es Salaam, I was wearing my everyday black skirt while walking downtown. Suddenly, I felt a pull and heard a tear. I looked to see my skirt caught on a low fence. Now, I’m down to two skirts! Tom brought one pair of dress pants for Sundays and our second Sunday in Iringa, he caught the back on a chair and ended up with a small but noticeable hole on his backside. Thankfully we brought some first aid tape and both garments are fully functional for now with the help of our own 3M!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Dear Tom and Beth -
It was great to read your last few entries. Other than clothing mishaps, I am glad to hear that you are well. Having lunch at the joint today Tom - I'll be thinking of you - we'll take you there when you get back. God bless as you continue your work serving God and the good people of Tanzania. You are in our prayers. Vicki